There are a number of simple steps you can take to avoid spam, including:
- protecting your email address and mobile phone number online
- deleting suspicious emails without opening or replying to them
- checking the terms and conditions of anything you sign up for – for example, are you consenting to receive commercial messages?
- using spam filtering software
- boosting your internet security to ensure that spammers can’t send spam via your computer through zombie spam and spoofing
- using internet resources designed to protect children and young people online
- learning more about email scams and fraud